Thursday, July 3, 2008

Carson is 2 weeks old! And there is another addition to the family!

Today was Carsons 2 week birthday :) Cheesy, but still, it's amazing that he's already 2 weeks old!

Today consisted of being incredibly busy! Tomorrow Adam goes back to work, which will be incredibly difficult. But, this meant that we had to get all of the "errands" out of the way. First thing this morning, Carson had his 2 week check up at the pediatrician. He has gained 5 oz since his last appt, so this puts him at 8 lbs 4 oz. He's a growing boy, and is right on track! He did get another PKU test, which is where they prick his heel and take some blood. He cried for a second, but then was content and fell fast asleep! I guess we are fairly lucky that he is pretty easy going! The doctor said he looks great, and that makes me happy. We are lucky to have such a healthy boy.

Right after that, we were able to stop by home for a bit for a feeding. Carson likes to eat..and if he doesn't get his food when he wants it, he'll let us know! So he ate like a champ, and then we had to run to my grandparents house. My Uncle Kurt was in town today, from Las Vegas, so we wanted to stop by and show Carson off. We chatted for awhile, but then had to run again, since I had a doctors appointment.


Carson with Uncle Kurt, while he is on the phone :)



Me, Carson and my Grandma



I have had issues since giving birth, and it's not the most exciting story, but it is painful. My OBGYN, Dr Morell, was worried and had me come in. Turns out, it's nothing too bad, but there is nothing that can be done. Time heals all wounds, I guess, but it still stinks in the meantime!

We finally got home and got some food, my first meal ALL DAY LONG! I think everyone was very tired and very cranky. Carson ate, Adam and I ate, and then we all just relaxed.

Tonight was also bath night. Now, this was Carsons second bath at home, and he still didn't take too well to it. Poor guy, he acts like he's dying while we are cleaning him, and then acts like he's dying again when we dry him off! Well, after the bath we put him in his baby towel. Of course I wanted a picture of him in it, and well, the picture turned out cute...but he proceeded to poop EVERYWHERE. Seriously, so it was a huge mess to clean up! Carson then proceeded to cry for about 20 minutes, until Adam could calm him down. I think we all scared him a bit, rushing around trying to figure out what to do with him.

The saddest face ever




The calm before the "storm"



Now, we are all resting....and trying to enjoy the rest of the evening....

My boys



We did get a new addition to our family today! My brother Jerad and sister-in-law, Lisa welcomed their daughter, Lily, into the world at 2:38 pm! She was 8 lbs 9 oz and 20 inches long! Pretty exciting day for them, considering it is also Jerads 29th birthday today! Carson now has a new cousin...and it's nice that they are close in age. Hopefully they will get to spend some time together! I know Adam, Carson and I look forward to meeting Lily!

Hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys... I love this site. What a great idea to keep everyone updated. LOVE the pics and the story about the bath and the storm afterwards... cracked me up! that sucks!! Looks like you are having an amazing time being a mom... and it looks like you are doing a FANTASTIC job! I am so happy for you two! Take Care and have a Happy 4th!
Jenn