Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's been awhile

It's been awhile since updating. Carson keeps both of us busy as of lately! He is now 1 month and 4 days old, which is crazy to think about! This past month has flown by for both Adam and I, but I wouldn't change our lives for the world. Having Carson around is a blessing, and I'm thankful everyday for him!



So, lots of things have been going on here. During the week, Adam works from 7-6, so I get to hang out Carson and Parker. On the weekends, we have plans most of the time, which is nice. Normally, we have a bbq at my parents house on Sundays. I love it, as it gives the rest of the family a chance to see the baby. My Nieces and Nephew absolutely adore him, as does the rest of the family. Nolan, who is 2 1/2, loves singing "twinkle twinkle little star" to him. She also says he is "mine"...and is so cute.


Here are some pictures from the bbq on 7/13:


Cousin Gina with Carson

Cousin Erica with Carson

Nolan, holding "her" baby

The BBQ's also involve lots of hotdogs and Smores, which makes me happy!

Parker hurt is leg that same weekend, we don't exactly know what he did, but somehow, he couldn't walk. Scared us all really badly, but he turned out to have a strained ACL. He did gimp around for awhile, and I think he enjoyed all the extra loves and attention. He is currently still recovering. He is loving Carson more and more everyday. Some days, he lays with him during "tummy time" and licks his feet. The day this picture was taken, it was one of those days. Parker definately loves his "baby brother"...and Carson LOVES petting his "big brother"


Saturday, the 12th, we did go out to dinner for Adams birthday to the Iris Grill in Issaquah. Before we went, Carson was napping outside of my parents house, and I thought this picture was cute...he loved just sleeping outside. It was an extremely hot day, but I think that, and the breeze felt great to him!

We have been on a quest to find the "greatest" birth announcement picture. We tried the "naked baby" picture (which didn't work out...see the picture). Carson HATED it. I still thought the picture was cute, and this will be something to embarass him with some day!


And here is one more picture, of him in his "fuzzy" blue blanket. This blanket really makes him happy, it's warm and fuzzy and he absolutely LOVES it.


On Saturday, July 19th, Carson turned one month old! Adam's dad came over to drop of his car, since Adam sold his BMW. It was fun hanging out with Wayne. Carson does love his Grandpa...We just drove around and looked at some cars. We got a free hamburger out of the deal! That night, we had pizza with Scott and Sarah, and went home and relaxed.


Carson's sleep schedule is changing, and I think he was going through a growth spurt. That night, he woke up every hour, on the hour. It was a rough night for Mom!

Sunday, Adam's mom came over and watched Carson while Wayne, Adam and I went and looked at Jetta's. Adam actually bought a new 2008 Jetta Wolfsburg edition (don't quote me on the spelling!) It's black, and nice. It's also a car that Parker and Carson can ride in...which will mean that I don't have to drive so much :)Thank god for Adam's mom, Dorene though. Without her, I wouldn't have been able to look at the car with Adam and his Dad.

We had another bbq that night at my moms. It was relaxing, since only Nolan, Max and Dylan were there.

This past month has been a great great thing though. I seriously cannot imagine life without Carson. Even the days he cries nonstop, they are totally worth it. Carson is now 22 inches long (I measured him!) and weighs about 10.5 lbs. He is a growing, growing boy...and we all couldn't be happier.

Here are some pictures of Me and Carson! There aren't that many, as Adam hates taking pictures :)


Carson also got his first bottle from his Dad! Adam has never fed him before, and Carson just stared at him the entire time. I thought it was incredibly sweet.


We'll make sure this stays updated more often! This weekend is going to be a busy one for us, we have a BBQ to go to on Saturday while Adam is golfing...and maybe Carson will be able to get together with his Cousin Lily soon...we will see!

Tummy Time!

So we'll update soon! Sorry this was random, just wanted to update with as many pictures as possible!

With love,

Adam, Taran, Carson and Teh Parker

No comments: