It's weird, because Carson and Lily are about the same size. It was cute though, they both slept the entire time...and had gas together :) gotta love babies! Adam hasn't met Lily yet, but wants to. Hopefully we'll get some more pictures of the babies together soon!
Then, Carson got some love at his Aunt Paula and Uncle Steves house. That was fun, since it was the usual 4th of July bbq. Nolan, Carsons cousin, was so excited to see him! Nolan loves babies, so when we showed up at the house, she was greeting us with a huge smile. She kept saying "baby cousin" over and over. Grandma Pam and Grandpa Dave also got to give Carson lots of love. I can tell you that Carson sleeps incredibly well on Dave!! I think it's his deep voice, but he was out almost the entire time he was being held! Adam got off work about 3 pm, and so he also came to the bbq, which was nice :)
He also got a bib from Aunt Paula celebrating his first 4th. I don't know how he feels about bibs at the moment, but he looked really cute :)
After the bbq, we went over to Uncle Scott and Aunt Sarah's house for fireworks. Sarah was able to hold Carson so Mom and Dad could go out and play for a bit :) That was a nice break! Carson did get to watch some fireworks from inside....and we did get a cute picture of him holding fireworks (not on fire!)
So we all got home at about 12:30am that day, which was exhausting! It was great having an entire day out of the house, but I never knew how tiring it was. I know I'll get more practice at this, but jeez....
Saturday was a day of recovery, we did nothing. It was nice.
Sunday, we ran some errands, and that's about it.
It's weird, because as of today (thursday 7/10), Carson is 3 weeks old. I guess time flies when you're having fun...but seriously, he is growing and changing so much, even from just 3 weeks ago. I love having him, and really wouldn't give it up for anything. My old life and what all the "little" things meant to me, I realize, were nothing compared to Motherhood. I love seeing his face, his smiles (even though it's normally gas), and look forward to all of his firsts...while enjoying where he's at right now! Currently, his neck is strong! He holds his head up by himself for pretty long periods of time (think about 15-20 seconds). He still has a bobble head at times, but I'm so proud of him! He also is a kicker (I knew that when I was pregnant with him!) When he gets upset, he kicks his feet out and stretches as far as he can! I never knew of being proud of a baby just for burping loud. It's amazing how life changes, but for the better. It's worth it! I absolutely LOVE being a mom.
Carson is getting up more during the night now, which makes mom tired...and he's also awake more during the day. I love his awake moments, just because he always looks like he is thinking. It's the cutest thing! He also "talks", which is adorable!
Carson also got babysat by my mom while I had to go out and have this meeting thing on Wednesday. It was weird leaving the house without him, but I was okay with it. He did get his first bottle at this time, and he took to it like no other! I guess he's a little piggy and ate 5 oz while I was gone! Such a big growing boy!
So for this week, our family is great. Adam is dealing with work, and I make sure he gets as much sleep as possible.
Today, nothing is really going on. This weekend, Carson will get an outing and we'll head to Issaquah to get some dinner with my Mom and Dave. Adam gets to play golf with Dave for his birthday, on Saturday. The dinner is at the Iris Grill (Highly recommend it if you're in Issaquah!) Carson was really good a few weeks ago when we went out for mexican food, so I'm crossing my fingers that he's a great baby at the Iris.
Carson is sleeping, so I'm going to take advantage of the downtime and take a shower :) I'm learning how hard it is to fit even a shower into your schedule with a baby! Oh yeah, and it's hard to remember things for me...even eating. I know it's bad! But I never knew that I'd put his needs so much before mine. It's worth it though :) What else is worth it? Carrying a baby 9 months will change ANYONES body. Believe me, I don't think I'll ever be the size 0-2 I once was, but the weird thing is? I LOVE my body now. I love my hips (that can only fit into one pair of jeans...barely!)....I love how my stomach is now (yes, and it's definately never going to be the same). I love that as a woman, WE have the power to create life, and sustain it for the first few months of their life. I love that fact, and am proud of it. Yes, I still get depressed that I can't fit into my clothes. Sometimes I look at my bikinis that I have, and think I'll never get to wear one again. But then I realized, who cares what everyone else thinks? I created LIFE, and there is nothing better than that! I'm down below my pre pregnancy weight, and before, didn't have any hips...had a really nice, kind of toned, flat stomach. Now, I have hips, I weigh 5 lbs less than I did pre-pregnancy...my stomach has some extra skin that I'll lose with time. But when I look at Carsons big blue eyes, it's all worth it.
Oh yes, I'll get a picture of it soon, but Parkers new favorite place to sleep is on Carsons Boppy! He sleeps in the hole part of it, with his head on the outside part, curled up in a ball. I haven't been able to get a picture of this, but anytime it's on the floor..that's where Parker is!
So yes, gotta run. Will update more when something exciting happens....or he does something cute :)
Love,
Taran, Adam, Carson and Parker

No comments:
Post a Comment