Monday, June 30, 2008

Adams Birthday and Carsons first "outing"

Today, Adam turned 29, which is weird. This past year has flown by! It amazes me!

This weekend, Carson got lots of love from his grandparents, from both sides! Adams parents came over, his dad arrived on Saturday, and his mom and grandpa (Carsons Great Grandpa) arrived on Sunday, just for the day. He enjoyed spending time with them...and getting all the love and attention! He is one loved boy! His great grandpa even cried when he first saw him...just because it is a big deal to have great grandparents around!

Uncle Scott, Grandpa Wayne, Great-Grandpa Jack and Daddy!

Grandpa Wayne and Grandma Dorene

Adam and his Grandpa with Carson

Sunday, Adams family celebrated his and Scott's birthdays (which was really on the 30th). It was a relaxing day, I hung around the house, got a much needed nap, and then they opened presents! Adams big present from his parents was the couch we got on memorial day...but he still got a new computer moniter from Scott. This thing is huge, 22 inches! I can read what is written on the screen from across the room! Adam of course is in love with it.

Then, Carsons Grandpa Dave and Grandma Pam dropped by to take us all out to dinner. They gave him some loves prior to us going out for eats! We decided on Mexican food from up the road, which we love. Carson was great the entire time, the only time he ever got fussy was when the food came. I swear that he knows food is here, because he gets cranky and will start to whine a little. It was nice to be able to go out to eat though, and I appreciated the fact that they took us out!


Grandpa Dave and Grandma Pam

Monday was our first real outing, other than going to doctor appointments with Carson. We decided that we would take Parker to the dog park...which probably wasn't the best idea, considering it was 80+ degrees outside! We did walk around for about 20 minutes, but it was too hot for Carson. Still, it's weird to do these outings. It took us an hour and a half to get ready, for a short outing! After the park, we got some sushi from our favorite place, to go. We ordered way too much, but it is so worth it to be able to eat sushi again! Adam opened his presents. I got him a french press, 2 lbs of starbucks coffee to go with it, a new coffee cup, and some jack daniels. The coffee at his work is HORRIBLE, so I figured that the french press would be a good idea! He loved it!

I did forget to mention that on the 26th, Carsons Uncle Jerad and Aunt Lisa stopped by with some food for us! They got to hang out and spend some time with Carson. It was really fun, and I was happy to have the company. Carson was content on sleeping on Jerads lap. I guess Carson likes men with deep voices, because he loved being held by Dave, and Jerads lap was the best place to be. Lisa is going to have her baby tonight (or tomorrow)...so it'll be exciting that Carson has a new cousin!
Jerad, Lisa and Carson

Carson is a great little eater, he has not had one issue with latching, which is great for mom! He also only gets up twice a night now...and that means that I'm not nearly as tired as I was. I know it most likely will revert back to being up every hour when he's growing, but for now, I'm loving the sleep! Adam is such a great help, I honestly am scared to have him go back to work, but I think I'll manage.

Carson is needing to eat, and Mom needs a nap! So we'll update again soon!

Taran, Adam, Carson and Parker

No comments: