Friday, August 29, 2008

The double digits (10 weeks!)

On Saturday, the 23rd, my Mom and Dave through a huge BBQ at their house. This was a pretty big event...about 40 or so people showed up. It was nice that Carson had MANY babysitters there, so we were able to enjoy ourselves. I actually got to drink alcohol and not worry about feeding Carson for the night, so it was a real treat. It's funny seeing my Aunt Tina and My sister-in-law, Paula "argue" about who was going to hold him. He is loved very much, and I think we all realize it more and more every day. Carson also got to see his cousin Lily, who is exactly 2 weeks younger than him. For me, it was strange to hold a baby that wasn't Carson! She is more "petite", but I think longer than him...but skinnier. Carson is a big marshmallow :) I love his chubby cheeks and his chubby legs. So, we did spend the night at their house.

Not really sure which one is hung over here...


Sunday, we woke up, drank some coffee, and Carson got some loves in before we left. He even got a nap in with his Grandpa Dave, which was the cutest thing ever. I think Carson loves being held by him since he has such a deep voice...and big arms. The weather was absolutely awful for the rest of the day, so we stayed inside and just relaxed all day.

Everyone keeps saying, "Wait till they start crawling..you have it easy now..."

He likes to suck on his hand.

Since Carson is able to hold his head up now, we sit him in his Bumbo seat, which I think he dispises, but he's okay for a bit. He goes through moments of having a "bobbly" head and having a strong neck...but he's learning.


This thing says, "4+ months...can someone get me out of here"


I should have been a cowboy!

Another new thing, he has found his hands! He puts them in front of his face, like he's fighting you. He also sucks on them a lot more now, which is cute. He blows lots of bubbles, which means more and more drool. He also spends most of the day smiling. The smiles are the best thing to see, and melt both of our hearts.

Who is this Pillsbury Dough Boy you speak of?

I vant to suck your blood!! (For some reason I am seeing him in a Vampire Cape..)

I am planning on returning to work in the next couple of weeks, and have been interviewing at some places. I should have a decision on where I want to work, within the next week or so. It's an exciting time, and I'm sure the right decision will be made!

Well, we'll be updating soon. We have a WSU football game, another bbq...and Carson is growing by the minute!

Big Brother babysitting!

Love you all!

Adam, Taran, Carson and Parker

No comments: