Monday, October 6, 2008

Updates...

It's been awhile since we updated...so I guess this will be another long post :)

On Sept 27th (yes, it's been that long)...while Adam was out for Scott's bachelor party, Carson and I ended up hanging out with my family at my Aunt and Eric's house. They just got a new puppy, Sierra...and Carson absolutely loved it! He kept putting his hands in Sierra's mouth, kept trying to pet her. She is a German Shepard, 8 weeks old, and so cute. It made me miss my little puppy that we had. They do grow up though, as Parker has...he's 2 1/2 years old now! Carson never lacks in the attention department. He was the center of attention the entire time we were over there. My Aunt Tina also gave us TONS of toys and clothes....since Carson gets bored of his toys very easily, we are rotating them out.

She looks SMART, shop S-Mart!



Looks on in disgust as the Cougars get stomped by UCLA...


We also made our weekly trip out to my Mom and Dave's house...where Carson got lots and lots of loves. We went out to lunch at the Gaslamp in Issaquah, and the owners even love him there! He loves one of the owners, Scott's, tie dye shirt. He stared and stared at it. When we got back to the house after lunch, Grandpa Dave met up with us, and even helped Carson with his tummy time....Carsons new favorite thing is reaching for people. Grandma Pam was holding him...and Carson kept reaching for his Grandpa. I think he likes his deep voice, it automatically calms him down.


Grandpa Dave helping with tummy Time

The past week, Carson has learned lots of new things! He now sucks his thumb, which is the cutest thing ever. It's normally when he's sleeping, or when he's tired of his binky. He is now sleeping in his own room, and he sleeps TONS better than he did in our room. He actually slept ALL night on Saturday night, which was nice for me!! :) It's cute, cause in the middle of the night, over the moniter, you'll hear *suck suck suck suck* and he's sucking his thumb. It makes me smile every time.


Trying to blend in with all the camo, but the huge smile gives him away



Friday night, Adam and I were lucky enough to have Scott and Sarah babysit, and we went out for Sushi and Ice cream! It was nice to get out of the house and enjoy each others company...even if it was just for an hour and a half or so. The sushi was awesome, and the cold stone was good. Scott and Sarah got to entertain Carson, walk him around and change his diaper :)

He likes to splash around in his bath, a far cry from just a few months ago where he would just cry


Saturday, we hung out all day, not really doing much. That afternoon, we went over to Jerad and Lisa's house, where Carson was able to play with his cousin Lily. Lily is 2 weeks younger than Carson...and it was cute to see them together. Carson got to try out Lily's jumperoo...and he absolutely LOVED it. He still hasn't mastered the "jumping" portion of it, but he did like putting the toys in his mouth! We are going to get one soon for Carson. It was also great to catch up with Lisa, and Adam got to hang out with Jerad and his friends Scott and Danny...and do guy stuff, like play darts. I think Carson was so tired when we got home, that he slept for 8 full hours! I was shocked, amazed, and very very happy. I felt very well rested on Sunday morning.

I think he wanted to be back in the Jumperoo




WIN!


So we decided to go to Salmon Days on Sunday. Carson slept through most of it, which was kind of nice. We just pushed him around in the stroller. The weather was actually somewhat decent on Sunday, and it ended up being the perfect day to go. We got one of his Christmas presents. Adam and I are starting the tradition where we are giving Carson a Christmas ornament every year, so that when he's grown up and moved out, he will have some for his own tree. We got him a WSU snowman with his name on it...it's so cute. We also went out to lunch, where he tried to make a mess of my area while I was eating. I swear, it was because I was holding a crazy baby, that's why my spot was so messy! Adam thinks I'm just a messy eater though :)


Grandpa Dave Babysitting behind Las Margaritas while Dad smokes!


Family

Yesterday, Carson started sucking on his bottom lip, he makes this funny face while doing it....but he keeps doing it. It's pretty cute. I had to take him to the pediatrician today. He had a rash on his face, but I guess it's a form of eczema. We just have to put some hydrocortezone cream on it twice daily. After putting it on once, his face looks a ton better. We felt so bad for him though, cause he was itching it so bad, and his face was getting all scratched! He hasn't really itched his face at all after I put the stuff on it! Carson weighs about 13 lbs 11 oz now....which is great. The doctor says that he's a little under 50th percentile for his weight. You'd never guess it by the size of his cheeks...but he is a skinny little guy.


Parker, feeling neglected thought that making a Teepee out of his chewies would get our attention



Life is good though, we're just having fun with our baby.

Love,

Adam, Taran, Carson and Parker

No comments: